Supposing you have multiple worksheets with identical column structures as below screenshot. Now you need to create a pivot table from the specified data of these worksheets, how can you do to achieve it? This article will show you method to get it done in details.
Combining PivotTables is as easy as knowing one simple command. Step 1 Open the PivotTable you would like to work with. Also open a worksheet you would like to consolidate all other pivot table information onto from one PivotTable. Once we have our PivotTables we create what I call a ‘Manual Chart Table’ that consolidates the data from the two PivotTables into one table (columns H:J), which will feed the chart: You can then go ahead an insert a regular chart (as opposed to a PivotChart) as I have done below, which you can see is referencing the manual chart table in columns H:J.
Please do as follows to combine multiple worksheets’ data into a pivot table.
1. Click Customize Quick Access Toolbar > More Commands as below screenshot shown.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Select All Commands from the Choose commands from drop-down list;
2.2 Select PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard in the command list box;
2.3 Click the Add button;
2.4 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then the PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard button is shown on the Quick Access Toolbar. Click the button to open the PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard. In the wizard, select Multiple consolidation ranges option and the PivotTable option, and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the second wizard, select I will create the page fields option and click the Next button.
5. In the third wizard, click the button to select the data from the first worksheet you will combine to the pivot table, and click the Add button. Then repeat this step to add other worksheets data into the All ranges box. Select the 0 option in the How many page fields do you want section, and then click the Next button.
Note: You can select 1, 2 or other options in the How many page fields do you want section as you need. And enter a different name in the Field box for each range.
6. In the last wizard, select where you want to put the pivot table (here I select New worksheet option), and then click the Finish button.
Then a Pivot table with specified worksheets’ data is created. You can arrange it in the PivotTable Fields as you need.